Have you ever wondered what places you should visit when you’re in Korea. Well you’re in luck. During my four months in Korea, I was able to go to some of the tourist attractions as well as places that are famously known in Korea. If you’re still wondering what are some of the food you should eat if you’re in Korea, then click here. If not, then keep reading and you might just visit these places the next time you’re visiting Korea.
1. Lotte World. If you’ve never been to Disney Land, then Lotte World is the place to be. Lotte World is very similar to Disney Land except it is much smaller. It contains rides indoors and outdoors and even has a castle that is similar to Disney’s. The only thing is if you’re expecting to see Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, you’re out of luck. You won’t see them. It is a good site for tourists to visit and if you happen to be one, you might be in luck with plenty of deals.
2. EverLand. Similar to Lotte World, this park is ten times bigger. The park is humongous and if you want to ride the roller coasters, beware of long lines. I believe this park is located out of Seoul and the only way to get to it, is to take a bus or drive there. The bus ride takes about an hour and the bus stop can be found in Gangnam where it will pick up passengers. BEWARE: If you are taking the bus to EverLand, I suggest you be first in line to get picked up, otherwise you will be sitting on the ground for an hour. It may get very uncomfortable.
3. Namsan Tower. If you’ve never been to the Eiffel Tower, then Namsan Tower is a must-visit if you’re in Korea. You can take a shuttle cart which takes you to the tower or you can hike up a trail. However, when you get up to the tower, you have to pay extra to take an elevator all the way to the top where you can then see all of Seoul. If you want your memories to last forever, you may purchase a lock, write on it, lock it on to other locks, and throw the key away for forever lasting wishes.
4. Nami Island. Want to go to an island where a war once occurred and a drama was once filmed? Then Nami Island is the go-to place. In order to get to this island, you can take the ITX to Gapyeong, where you can then ask a taxi to take you to “Nami-Sum.” After you get to the island, you can either take a ferry or zip-line yourself to the island. You can bike, walk, visit stores, and see live ostriches and rabbits run around. It’s a great place to take you and your significant other, for it is also known to be an island of love.
5. Busan. By far my favorite place of all Korea. Located on the southern part of Korea, this small city is home to many tourists from all over the world. If you happen to be in Seoul, take the KTX or bus to this city if you’re looking for a getaway. Haeundae Beach is a must-visit site and if you wonder where I took my header, its Haeundae Beach! This city is smaller than Seoul so the subways are much smaller. However, expect many tourists and events to be happening in Busan such as the 2013 Asian Pacific Actors Network and the 19th Busan International Film Festival.
There are a lot of places that you must absolutely visit in Korea, but these are the five main ones that might get your attention if you ever go to Korea. It isn’t to say that these are the only five I went to, so I made a list of Honorable Mentions of other places in Korea. So if you would like me to talk about them, comment below. I wouldn’t mind at all…except for Jeju Island..I just didn’t go to it.
Honorable Mentions: Gangnam, Myeondong, Insadong, Hongdae, Jeju Island, Han River, Dongdaemun,